Saturday, March 14, 2015

2015 - New Places, New Faces - the next motorcycle adventure!!!

It's time for me to do a second bike trip without my great, white Buffalo. It's been two years since I lost him to the Big C. Last year I stepped out of my comfort zone and did a train trip with my (choke) bicycle. And for the rest of the summer, I missed not doing a motorcycle trip. Hey, reality is, this lady can only afford one long vacation a year if I am ever gonna' retire.

Soooo, this year, for 2015, I am stepping out of my comfort zone again. I've had Buffalo's Road King lowered and an easy clutch put on the bike. I am taking the Road King to some place I've never been before. My first trip solo was to the familiar Arkansas Ozarks, where Buffalo and I had explored several times. But it's time for me to venture out into the unknown.

July 2nd I depart, heading east into New York state. I will suffer the interstate to make the first leg, stopping in the uneventful Utica, NY, which happens to be the gateway to the Adirondak Mountains. From there, I head north, winding my way through a part of NY I've never been, to Lake Placid, where I will spend July 4th. Next leg, I will cross the state of Vermont, into New Hampshire, where I will stay the next three nights, exploring the Granite State. I have reservations at a bed and breakfast in the little town of Tilton, NH, due west from Laconia. Apparently, Laconia is a huge family vacation spot in the summer, once all the bikers leave!  So it was cost prohibitive to stay there. But I won't be far. After a few days exploring NH, I back track to Vermont, where I will be staying in Woodstock, a small mountain town about mid state. From there, I plan on exploring all those green dots on the Rand McNally.

Vroom, Vroom, brothers and sisters. I am counting down the days!

Peace!

Bobbi

1 comment:

alex e said...

Sounds like nice trip, Robin.