Sunday, June 27, 2010

I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED

Hello my friends. It is that time of year again and I feel the need for speed. I feel the need for wind in my face and two lane black top with a dashed yellow line that allows for me to pass the cages and enjoy forward progress on a windy road. I feel the need to escape the realities that trap me in this world, pay the bills, answer to the customer, mow the lawn...oh yeah, and as previous posts have attested to...pick up the dog poop.

With this knowledge in mind, Buffalo and I will be enbarquing on another glorious escape on July 2nd. We are headed to central PA to Steel Steeds MC Campground for five nights and then up to NY, where I have yet to travel with my iron horse. Funny thing is that we are going to NY to see a museum dedicated to Glenn H. Curtis, the co-founder of a motorcycle manufacturer and an avid inventor yet the region this museum is located in the infamous "Finger Lakes" region, well known for fantastic wines and friendly wineries. Bed and breakfast inns abound, but I was fortunate to find an inn with jacuzzi suites...and NO you will get no graphic photos on this blog! (probably a fortunate thing at our age!!)

We will have limited access to be able to post as our first destination does not offer wifi so we will have to search a place to post. But we shall and you may come along for the ride. For those of you too squeemish to enjoy our favored past time, please join us vicariously; for those of you working or, worse yet, not financially able to participate at this time, please accept our condolences and enjoy what you know is reality but just cannot currently partake thereof.

We will see you next OTR (on the road)...Buffalo and Bobbi

No comments: