Tuesday, July 21, 2026

The Journey Begins





My first day ride was actually a little tame, only shooting to take some two lane black top and work my way south to Marietta, Ohio for the night. I ran south and hit OH route 800 off of route 22 and took 800 to OH route 26. I had never been on 26 before but saw a lot of curves on the trusted AAA folding map and decided that I needed to check it out. Of course, on the way, I managed to find roads that had recently been sealed with Ohio's trusted tar and chip method, always a joy to ride on with a motorcycle...NOT! Route 26 had at least three covered bridges along the way, however I managed to pass each of them before realizing it and with the road conditions a little sketchy from the tar and chip, I didn't stop to check it out. Going forward on this trip, I have to keep reminding myself that I chose shorter day rides to allow for those kind of stops without concerns for time.

Piedmont Lake

All in all, a good ride for the first day. Tuesday I head to Versailles, Kentucky for the night. I planned the route to try to avoid big cities and freeways, however the weather is going to be a little sketchy so we will see how the day progresses!






Peace and Love.

Bobbi










 

No comments: