When I came into Eagle's Nest, I spied a visitor's center and decided to check it out. Unfortunately, the parking lot had a lot of loose gravel. I tried to back the bike up to turn around, since it was closed, and that was a mistake. My Road Queen decided to take a nap in the parking lot. The bike I used to be able to pick up myself suddenly seemed unbelievably heavy and, try as I might, I could not get her lifted! You can see where I picked away the gravel to get better traction, alas, to no avail! And so I called AAA and requested service that was going to be a couple hours out and totally rearrange my plans for the day. While waiting, a little white car passed by (a lot of cars passed by but nobody gave me any notice...) and turned around and pulled in. I met Clay from the Scouting America facility in the Cimarron canyon, who offered to help. He appeared to be about my age and I wasn't sure if he would be able to assist, but he did an awesome job giving me just the extra "oomph" to get the kick stand down. So, thank you to Clay!!
Then on the way back down the canyon towards Raton, a bear wandered into the road a couple hundred feet from me and stopped! I slowed down, shifted and twisted the throttle. And apparently, it startled the bear enough to lumber up the hill on the other side of the road! (sorry, no bear pictures!)
And finally, I saw this Buffalo in Taos.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment