Sunday, May 18, 2014

Life Is An Adventure... go out and find yours

To all my loyal followers and friends of my blog, I am detracting for one road trip from my norm.

Last year, I lost my best friend, soul mate, lover and spouse, my Buffalo. He had been a life long cigarette smoker since the age of 13 and it finally caught up with him. A year before he was diagnosed with lung cancer, he had liver cancer and was blessed with getting on the transplant list. He received a liver and was the model patient, coming home exactly one week after the surgery. He was a new man. A year and a half later, he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and our world, as we knew it, came to an end. There are previous posts here of our trip to Florida, to run the keys, while he was in remission. It would be our last motorcycle ride together. My heart aches for him every day, every minute of my life. He was my everything.

But he would not have wanted me to wallow in self pity. He taught me to seek life and experience it in new ways at every opportunity.

And to that end, I embark on a journey so new, so different, that you may or may not want to come along this time. For I leave the motorcycle at home, at least this once, and am climbing aboard a railroad car with my bicycle. Yes, I am taking along a bicycle on a train to some place I have never been. And I would be honored if you would take this ride with me.

More to follow. Peace to You and the journeys you face on your paths in life. I am pleased to have you as my guest on this one.

Bobbi

2 comments:

Tony said...

I think the trip sounds fun!!! Enjoy yourself!!!!

Jeffrey C. Nichols said...

Life is an adventure! Thanks for sharing yours.