Tuesday, June 27, 2023

On To Nashville, Baby!!

 

Sunday night I settled in for the night, only to have a tornado warning pop up and the sound of thunder surrounding the hotel and lightning flashes outside. All I could think of was, "well, shit, I am in a hotel when a tornado is coming??" I made my way to the front desk to inquire where one might go if it is close and was told the stairwells, which, duh...I have been on site when they build these buildings and the stairwells and elevator shafts are the best built parts! Fortunately, it passed without hitting and I finally dozed off.

I was up early, grabbing breakfast and had the bike loaded and ready to roll by 7am. I had decided to run south on US 75 to route 52 and run it across to US 65  to Nashville. That was a great choice! I exited 75 at route 63, ran that to route 27 where a sign at the traffic light stated: Bikers love the curves on route 27! hahaha! You gotta love it! I took 27 south and picked up 52 and was not disappointed in my choice at all! As a matter of fact, if Buffalo was here, it would have been one of those roads where he would be smiling at the end, asking how in the heck did I pick that road! 


The road varied from twisty switchbacks, wide open curves, rural fields and small country towns that came and went in the blink of an eye. 

The weather was perfect, not too hot and the pavement was still trying to dry out from the storms that came through the night before. 

At one point in time, I lost route 52 in one of the bigger towns and pulled over to look at the map trying to figure out where I missed my turn. A man with a little girl pulled up behind me and rolled down his window. "Miss, can I help you?" I told him I was lost and had missed the turn off for route 52. "Well, you're gonna want to go back up to that traffic light there, turn left, then go up the hill till you see Burger King, then turn left again and that will get you back on 52." Love local directions!! 


The ride across 52 took longer than I thought but was sooooo worth it! My room mate for the next two days, Kathy Levine, was already settled in at the Hotel Union Station, right in the thick of things. and she assured me they had a place for me to park the bike. Well that would be good if I could figure out where it was, because I rode right past it when I got off route 65! 

Finally found my way to the hotel, got parked and cleaned up with worked my way down to Kid Rock's place downtown and it was insane! Some kind of awards thing going on it town this week. Big stage set up in the middle of Broadway, road closed to traffic. Tons of people!

We did some day drinking, grabbed dinner and eventually came back to the hotel and, like two old ladies, went to bed about the time the sun went down! LOL Today we explore more of downtown, some shopping and some more day drinking!

Love and Peace all!

--Bobbi














No comments: