Wednesday, June 28, 2023

I Survived Music City! ... and lived to tell about it!

Tuesday was a tourist day in Nashville for me. We wandered down to the restaurant in the lobby of the hotel

for breakfast and I indulged in their breakfast tacos, a serving of five street tacos with chorizo, guacamole, cheese and not sure what else and served with some of the yummiest breakfast potatoes I a have ever had. But it should be from the price. Everything here is sooooo expensive! I sort of expected it from what I had read, but it is still a bit of culture shock coming from NE Ohio to the market costs here. My room mate, Kathy, and her friend, Dawn, who is visiting from NJ and hung with us the last two days, says the prices here are much like those in NJ! Yikes! 

After breakfast, Kathy and I wandered downtown to do some shopping and site seeing. The weird thing was that one side of Broadway was clean and neat and the other side was littered and stunk really bad! Not sure what that was about but it was a bit nauseating! Gach! We strolled down to the river, got a look at the home of the Tennessee Titans across the river and explored the fort that was built there back in the 1700's.


Kathy took me down another street to see Coyote Ugly, the bar made famous by the movie. Of course, they were closed at 9am but it was still cool. Eventually we wandered over to the bus trolley and Kathy treated me to a three hour tour of Nashville on the Hop On, Hop Off Trolley. Unfortunately, due to the events going on in town, the trolley was in hot demand and so there were more people than available seats. Some of the folks got verbally abusive to our driver when he stopped to let them know we had no room for additional passengers. Everyone who got on when we did had decided to take the entire 13-stop tour after seeing how hard it would be to obtain a seat again if we got off. It was a very entertaining and enlightening ride and the bus driver threaded the needle multiple times in tight situations. Very fun! 

After the trolley ride we met Kathy's NJ friend Dawn and her friend, Joshua, for lunch and day drinking at Sixty Vines, a swanky third floor establishment downtown. By the time we wandered out of there near 1:30, the mercury was closing in on 90-degrees plus but, thankfully, the humidity was much lower than the previous day. We wandered back to the hotel and hung at the bar in the lobby for awhile, then Kathy and I went shopping for tourist shit. 

Later, it was back downtown to the place I gathered was THE hot ticket in town for dinner. The earliest


reservation they had when Joshua called at after 10pm, so we hung like vultures at the bar until one of the parties was called for their table, then drank and ate at the bar. Kathy found her future husband (J/K), some guy who apparently looks like a character on the Yellowstone program on Paramount (no, I haven't seen it) and she eventually got her picture taken with him! We split different dishes and I had my first sushi ever. Everything was very good but again, very very expensive! 

After dinner, we returned to the hotel, crawled into jammies and chatted like slumber party besties until we were fully spent and called it a night! What at experience Nashville has been. I doubt if I will ever return but I am glad I visited so I could say I was here. And in style with people who really knew how to experience it!


Nashville, like most large cities, certainly has it's share of homelessness. And although they do try to keep it under control, the differences between the haves and have nots was apparent throughout the city. 

Today I am OTR and heading south on the Natchez Trace! Back to simpler times and, hopefully, far less expensive adventures moving forward! LOL

Peace & Love all...

--Bobbi

PS: Please pray for the bikers who were hit in a fund raising ride on Sunday in NE Ohio by a woman who turned in front of them.





No comments: