Saturday, June 24, 2023

First Road Trip in Two Years





As I start to pack for my first road trip in two years, I am struck once again by the realization that I am leaving home to stay in accommodations that will, very likely, pale by comparison to the place I have come to love, by little slice of heaven in NE Ohio. Buffalo used to say that Ohio was a good place to be from ... far, far away from. Which is why I met him in Southern California, where we co-domiciled for about 8 years before relocating to Colorado and then, eventually, to the county where he was raised in Ohio. He asked me if I wanted to return to California when we knew his time on this rock was near the end. He wanted me to be happy. The only thing that would truly make me happy at that time was if the Big C wasn't chasing him down and he would grow old with me. That was not to be and so I have tried to live a life he would be proud of and to care for the home he left me with love and devotion. So leaving my home, even on a much anticipated adventure, still includes a fair amount of trepidation. Well, OK, mixed with a whole lot of excitement too!

The night before a road trip I barely sleep, thinking about what I might have forgotten to pack or turn off or prepare for. And then, the moment comes to strap down the bag, take one last look at the house, the yard and the map, throw my leg over my Road Queen, and begin our next adventure. And if you are riding along with me, I hope you enjoy the ride. I know, in the end, I surely will.

Peace and Love All. Let the good times roll.  ....Bobbi


 




 

No comments: