Thursday, July 29, 2021

A QUICK THURSDAY MORNING POST

 


Wednesday I decided to head over to Bristol to Black Wolf Harley Davidson to hunt down a replacement screw for my passenger pad, which I somehow lost between the time I headed out from home until some time while in Gatlinburg. I planned out a nice ride over with one five mile length on the interstate. Bristol, being the home of one of the country's motor speedways, would probably have a restaurant open where I could finally get some breakfast. Every coffee shop I had seen was closed, many having gone out of business due to the financial hardships of the pandemic. Some fast food places had also closed! I was so excited when I saw a sign for a Shoney's at the exit for the HD shop! But, alas, they were also closed...

So I hit the shop, was able to pay $21 for the screw (it had the Harley logo on it, that was the only one they had in stock!) Chatted with Zach the parts guy, who had relocated from Oregon the Virginia for reasons he wasn't anxious to reveal. Checked the oil and ran to the gas station where I dined on road food before heading back towards Pennington Gap. I had mapped out another route out of the guides

and was starting to get concerned, as the road became quite narrow and the painted lines disappeared. I was wondering if I had taken a wrong turn, when I came around the corner to find the grist mill mentioned in the guide! There were some gals there picking up trash on the side of the road and somehow the conversation turned from "where are you from in Ohio" to the legalization of marijuana and just got real entertaining! LOL

The rest of the ride was totally awesome, again! I haven't found a bad road yet on my day rides! 

front porch at my home away from home

Off for one more day ride before I have to head back towards Ohio tomorrow... 

Peace and Love all!

Bobbi

No comments: