Thursday, July 12, 2018

Today's Ride ROCKED!!!!!!

OK, so this is my blog so I can say this, and if it bothers you, well then you just don't know me well enough by now... but TODAY'S RIDE FUCKING ROCKED!

I mean, I had the greatest day of riding today and it started out with a bear. No, really, I was told that there were bears that wander through the motel parking lots in Gatlinburg, TN in the early morning hours. I woke up this morning, around 6am, opened my curtains, and there was actually a bear walking across the parking lot across the street! By the time I grabbed my cell phone and got outside, he (or she) was gone but it was like, WTF, was that real???

So there aren't a lot of photos today because it was one of those days that is a biker's day made in heaven. I headed out of Gatlinburg running north on 341 to route 25E, which was marked on the trusty Rand McNally (aka old people's GPS) by green dots which says (repeat after me, I think I have said this before) scenic route. I ran 25E through Tennessee into Kentucky and caught Kentucky route 11 north. Between 25E and route 11 north, it was a biker's best ride. Great weather, beautiful scenery, twisting two lane black top that my Soft Tail was made for. No photos could capture the ride. I want to do it again. It was a great day.

Spending the night in Maysville, KY before heading home tomorrow. Love the rides. Every year is a special ride. Every year I wish my Buffalo was sharing the ride. This was one of those rides he would have said, how the fuck did you pick such a great ride? I smiled thinking about that today. I smiled thinking about how blessed I am. I smiled thinking about how blessed we all are. We live in a beautiful country full of unexplored places. Get out and find your adventures. They are everywhere around us.

Peace all.


1 comment:

jcnic642 said...

lOve the pictures! Time for an update!