Sunday, July 30, 2017

Riding the Two Lane and Heading North

Sunday morning in Virginia was a bit brisk at 52F degrees. I was up with the sun and ready to roll back up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I rolled the throttle on as I headed north, enjoying a lot of solitude for the first couple of hour. I made a stop at the Mill to check out the display of historical buildings. Unfortunately the buildings are not open on Sundays but I toured the grounds. The sound of the turning water wheel could be heard from the parking lot. There were beautiful paths to the displays and it was peaceful so early in the day. And it gave me thought to the groomed parkway that I was riding, how the grass was cut along the entire route as well as the shrubberies trimmed back from the road. I know that it is a chore at home to keep the foliage from over growing my driveway, septic field and yard from the woods on three sides. So I would love to know how the forest service keeps the bushes along the roadside trimmed... hmmm. Homework for me? LOL

I ran the Parkway north just outside of Roanoak, Virginia, where a sign warned motorcyclists and bicyclists of loose gravel ahead. I exited the parkway and made my way to US 220 north. It started out a wide four lane, then jogged through a few small towns, down US 60, then north again to a rider's road from heaven! OMG! 220 north of US 60 was a banked, twisty, turning fun run that was like a motorcyclist's amusement ride! I met up with a couple on a bad ass Victory that I rode with
for awhile down the road until they turned off to catch some races and I caught route 39 west. And I smiled all the way. Another kick ass motorcycle road! Damn, I scored the rider's lottery today. And now, I am one day away from home. Shit. Can't I do this for, like, forever?

I love doing this. I wish I could do it forever, but I also like having a home. I have, literally, been homeless, and it is not fun. Not for me anyways. And so, here are a few more pictures before I travel back to reality.

Peace. . . Bobbi

the Mill

one of the many views from the parkway
Blacksmith stable

No comments: