Saturday, July 23, 2016

The Wrap Up to the Ride

Yup... just my luck
Wet pants, despite rain pants!
I would like to quickly post a wrap up to my ride home from the UP and my visit with Don and Theresa. I had decided to run two lane black top home and found my way to Michigan Route 66. It was a great ride for most of the day, rolling hills surrounded by lush fields of hay, corn, soy bean and other farmed goodies. I couldn't help but smile to myself, thinking how fortunate I am to live in such a fantastic country that is blessed with such bounty. We all really are and so often we take for granted what a really good place this is to live.

Of course, my nostalgic thoughts were eventually rinsed away by the rain that managed to drench my thoroughly that same afternoon. By the time I made it to Battle Creek, Michigan, the storm was seriously upon me, so much so that I was forced to pull over to a gas station, leave my bike under the awning between pumps and slosh my way into the convenience store where, once again, my faith in the kindness of humanity was rekindled. I asked the middle eastern clerk if he had coffee and he said, yes, and pointed to the back of the store. When I had poured me a cup and approached him to pay, he said, no, that was fine, enjoy it. So often we have certain stereotypes that we cast individuals into, and this guy, in one sentence, broke the mold for me. We visited for awhile as I drank my coffee and waited to the rain to lighten up. Radar indicated there was another wave coming, so I didn't dawdle. I eventually cleaned my glasses off, bundled back up and headed out.
Last stop before home

I must not have had my rain pants fully secured in the front because I could feel that my jeans were wet. When I finally settled on lodging for the evening, my feelings were confirmed.

The next day, I had decided I was done with the idea of the two lane, as the weather channel indicated another good chance for rain. I hit the interstate and booked it home, but still didn't quite make it and got hit again with rain a half hour from home! Friends from home informed me it had not rained but once here all the time I was gone and I was accused of bringing it with me!

Following are a few pictures from the trip I don't think I posted previously. Enjoy and thanks for sharing the trip. It has been a pleasure and truly an honor to have you along for the ride. I love my life. I am truly blessed. I just with my best friend was still here to share it with me. Miss you, Buffalo.

Peace...Bobbi


 Old motels never have enough power!

These are from two different places I
stayed on this trip! hahaha!!!
On my way from Thunder Bay

See the railroad tracks in the background?


Getting ready to pull out with the Canadians!

Old School GPS - I think I posted this once, but I love this picture!!

Another one of Don and Theresa! Awesome Hosts!!
Stormy cold day on my way back south from Thunder Bay

The day I got to the UP in Michigan