Saturday, July 16, 2016

Doing the Ride in Canada

My Buffalo in Arkansas where I spread some of his ashes... illegally...
This post is dedicated to the riding partner and best friend that should be sharing this adventure with me right now. I truly do try not to immortalize the man or make my whole life out to be him. But it was through his encouragement and ambitions that I evolved into the strong, independent and adventurous individual I am today. It is from his love for life and the desire to always seek more that I am here today, in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. And so here's to you, my Buffalo, my soul mate and my forever best friend, that I am living the life that you should be. And I will share with all of you what I say to him, in the urn mounted on my handlebars, as we travel down the highways, "You
Buffalo and his Kitty Dog
Terry
motherfucker, you should be here, damn it, you should be here." And, trust me, he would get that.And so this ride, this blog, this trip, my love, is my tribute to you. You taught me how to understand who to trust and friend on the road, and on this trip, it has been a gift. For I met seven of the most amazing, kind and kindred spirits and have been so blessed with an opportunity most will never know. To meet people who are so tuned to your inner soul, to what you love about the road and the experience, to trust you so to ride within their band of brothers and sisters is a gift. You, my Buffalo, would have loved today. For it was a day that what this brotherhood was made of. And once again, I must say, you should have been here.


Little John
Beth
Dave
I love meeting fellow women road warriors and I met two very good riders on this 24 hour journey. Terry and Beth were two of the best lady riders I have come across in my thirty years pounding asphalt and I will ride with you two down any twisty any day. Thank you for riding with me. It was a true pleasure.

Dave, you were the glue of the group. The perfect social fabric that drew me in and seemed to hold the group together. You were a perfect gentlemen and such a great pictographer (as your Canadian signs seemed to suggest) ... so share with me please because you got so many!
Santa John ... because sometimes you need Christmas now
 Little John ... you were the consumate host. What a gentleman to invite me to your home when you knew nothing about me! Thank you for your invitation and I truly look forward to meeting your wife some day. And Shirley and Big John, I am so sorry your journey was cut short due to personal issues and I hope all is well tonight as I post this. And finally to the savior of the day, I like to call him Santa John (because there were three Johns on this trip and it became rather confusing...)... but I feel Santa John is appropriate because this gentleman exemplified what brotherhood means.

Peace to you all and to all of my  brothers and sisters and family and friends sharing this journey. My brothers and sisters of the wind always bless me with their kindness. I am so fortunate to be part of this family. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I had the very best 24 hours I could have never imagined.

PEACE! Bobbi

No comments: