Monday, July 26, 2021

THOSE YOUNG PUPS WORE ME OUT!!!

Greetings on Monday night from Pennington Gap, Virginia, my temporary home away from home for the
next four nights at Mother's Place, a cozy three bedroom private home on a hillside on a side road you would never find if you weren't looking for it. But I am jumping ahead because I am terribly tardy with my updates on Bobbi's roadside adventures! 

So here is something I did the other day when we were headed to our destination of the golden triangle, a hidden gem in Tennessee of twisty turns that actually puts the Dragon to shame! Along the way, we ran some interstate to make time to get to our starting point. And I decided our crew needed road names. Like all my friends and biker family know me as Bobbi (as in Bobbi Yum) ... So here goes the road crew's monikers for lack of any better options (and ...admittedly, I am totally stuck on one or two...)

Left to right: Big Wolf, Bullseye, Nailbanger, Legs, Xena, Bobbi, Captain, Little Wolf, Super Mario, Big Easy and Peanut ... The Crew! 
l
Jim Martin, who was our road captain and the organizer, is Captain

Keith, who is a plumber, is Super Mario (even though the guy is blonde and blue eyed! hahahaha

Tiffany, Keith's gorgeous lady, works at Wolf Brothers, so she is now Little Wolf

John who also works at Wolf Brothers is Big Wolf

Terry, a carpenter, is Nailbanger

Josh, with the little gas tank, is our Peanut

Larry, who works for Staples is our Big Easy

Wayne oh poor Wayne, we struggled, because the poor guy is always teased and such an great sport about it, and one of the group suggested Bullseye. And, I am sorry brother, but it works.

Charles, who always wears shorts is Legs.

Unfortunately Frank and Mo took a couple days off from our day rides so I never thought about them during the moniker association process.... their initiation into Bobbi's hall of shame will follow!

But wait, there is one more that totally stumped me, which was my awesome bunk mate for the weekend, Miss Leslie Ann. A nurse in the ICU, I have nothing that would do justice for what a woman of her caliber faces every day. And then ... as I was penning this, the thought popped up.  Because she is truly a princess warrior, so maybe Xena? What say you? 

And these are the mindless meanderings that flow through my noggin as I travel the beautiful back roads and appreciate those who I am blessed to share them with. 

Saturday night when we were back at the house, a beautiful young lady wandered through our parking area with her mother and her guitar. And an impromptu private serenade ensued that was far beyond anything we could have paid for. Recently hired by Dollywood, a local entertainment venue, to perform, she was picking up local gigs and on her way home when somebody in our group requested a song, if she would so kindly oblige, and she did. The voice and face of an angel, with the guitar abilities to compliment her vocal accomplishments, we were treated to a rare opportunity to a private mini concert outside of our front door.  Our songstress was Nina Ricci and you can catch her on Ninariccimusic.com

I have so much more to share. This trip has been amazing and I have so many more miles to explore. More tomorrow, I promise. I am exhausted but in the best of ways. Peace and Love all. Explore this fantastic country we have. We may be different but we are all blessed with an amazing gift we call America.

PEACE and LOVE!!!

Bobbi

No comments: